Who we are
Whynow is a limited company registered in England at 34-35, Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8DW with a company number of 11771567 and is the controller in respect of your use of this site and our services.
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during our time together. You can update us at any time via email at email@example.com
Third party links
Our websites may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, so please refer to the privacy policies on such websites, which will govern the use of your data by these other sites.
What personal information we collect about you
Most of your personal information which we use is provided to us directly by you but some may come from other sources, depending on how you interact with our services. The data we collect about you includes:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email address.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wish list.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
- Marketing and communications data including marketing from us and our third parties.
- Location information including IP address and GPS
- Email communications date stamp that the email was opened, links accessed from the email, unsubscribe preferences
Marketing and advertising
We may collect and use Your personal information to send You marketing, advertising and promotional communications. The types of marketing and advertising We carry out may include:
- Email marketing – To build and nurture email lists to send personalised messages, promotions and newsletters to You, if You choose.
- Mobile notifications – With Your consent, We may send promotional push notifications or alerts to Your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on Your mobile device.
Information we collect through cookies
We want to make sure you have a great experience using our services, so we collect information about how you use them. We do this using cookies, pixels, and similar technologies. This information, called “Usage Data,” includes details of how you use our website, the device you’re using, your web browser, your internet connection and your IP address. This helps us improve your experience and provide you with a better service. You have the choice regarding the type of cookies you accept, apart from essential cookies, which are required for the site to function.
How your information will be used
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide the Services you’ve requested, such as processing payments, fulfilling orders, sending account-related notifications, managing your account, arranging shipping, handling returns/exchanges and enabling you to post reviews.
- Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing purposes, if you agree, including sending marketing communications via email, text message, or postal mail and displaying ads for products or services. This helps us customize our Services and ads on our website and other sites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention.
We use your personal information to identify and address any potential fraud, illegal activity or malicious behaviour. When you create an account, it’s essential to safeguard your login information. We strongly advise against sharing your username, password, or access details with others. If you suspect your account has been compromised, please get in touch with us promptly.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information for customer support and to enhance our Services. This helps us serve you better, maintain our business relationship and be responsive to your needs.
Sharing of your personal information
It is possible that whynow could merge with another company in the future, if this ever happens we’ll let you know by contacting you and giving you a choice as to weather you would like your data to be passed onto the new company.
In the eventuality that this store stops working with whynow and moves to a different provider, we will pass on your personal information to the new provider if you are happy for us to do so. We will inform you if this occurs.
How long we keep your personal information for
We retain your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we’ve collected it. This ranges depending on the nature of the infomration and the purpose for which we have collected it.
Personal information for individuals (or ‘prospects’)
3 years from sign-up. This period will be extended: (i) by a further 3 years if you subsequently make a purchase online or (ii) by a further 18 months if you interact with any of Whynow digital content, for example, if you click on marketing emails or interact with whynow Ltd digital content on the Site.
3 years from the creation of the account/profile. This period will be extended: (i) by a further 3 years if you subsequently make a purchase online or if you interact with Customer Service; and/or (ii) by a further 18 months if you interact with any of whynow Ltd digital content, for example, if you click on marketing emails or interact with Whynow digital content on the Site. This can be changed in your settings.
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies help you to use our website through enabling the basic functions such as page navigation and adding items to your basket when making purchases. These are auto selected when you first visit any of the whynow sites as they cannot function properly without these cookies in place.
Functional cookies. These cookies support additional functionality and will remember your location, language and other settings to provide you with a personalised experience while visiting our website.
Analytical and performance cookies. We use these to track technologies on our websites and give us a better understanding of how you interact with us when browsing online. This then helps us improve our sites to give you the best possible experience.
Targeting cookies. These cookies help us track you between different websites and help build a profile of your interests and show personalised ads.
Usage Data. For more specific information about the Cookies that we use related to powering our store with Shopify, see https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies.
International transfers of personal data
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate in cases where we process your data for a legal obligation.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in cases where we process your data with your consent, for the purposes of performance of a contract or to comply with a legal obligation.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO),the UK regulator for data protection issues. (https://www.ico.org.uk)
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. This version was last updated November 2023.